A special theatre and arts centre that can transform into an unusual, historic, fun and stylish
location for your wedding.
The Playhouse historic "B1" listed buildings are a unique intimate space beside the historic
Derry Walls right in the heart of the city.
The award-wining Playhouse is one of Northern Ireland’s best loved Arts Centres, providing
theatre and arts education events for over 50,000 people every year.
But we’re also a unique wedding venue, housed in two beautiful historic buildings.
Refurbished at a cost of £4.6m, The Playhouse is a perfect blank canvas for couples
wanting to create a unique day for their guests, right in heart of Derry’s historic walled city.
Our prices start from just £1,500 so why not come in and talk to us about how we can tailor a
package to suit your wedding?
• Both wedding ceremonies and receptions catered for
• Option to bring in your own catering
• We can provide a blank canvas for you to bring your own individual touch to your
• Multiple rooms available depending on the size of the wedding and requirements
• Our ability to work with anyone to help them achieve their creative vision is what we
do best – every day of the year!
• Ever thought about getting a costume designer to run a knicker making workshop for
your hen? Or a graffiti or djing workshop for your stag? We have an extensive
creative team of facilitators who can work with you to make anything possible!